Let’s start by making some small changes in our daily habits which will have a good impact on our health in the long term. The following health tips will not only simplify your daily routine but also will improve the quality of your life.
- Start Your Day With Water- Many of us know already that when we sleep our body gets dehydrated and the only thing it craves for after we wake up is a whole glass of water. A study from the “Journal of Nutrition” has found that even mild dehydration can cause many fatigue, moodiness and weakness. And also having lukewarm water on an empty stomach has several benefits altogether.
- Stretching More Often- This one is very much important for both your mental and physical health. What happens is that we work too much and don’t take breaks and as a result we end up being more tired and ruining our productivity. Sometimes our brain needs some relaxing activities once every hour like deep breathing, some stretching or just filling your mind with positive thoughts. It is also suggested to do proper stretching before you sleep and after you wake up.
- Spend Some Time Away From Social Media- Social worker Barbara R. DiGangi said, “It’s so easy to let your time and emotions slip away as you scroll through your news feed”. A study from Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology found that those people who frequently look at facebook tend to be more depressed as they are constantly making comparisons to what they see on facebook. “My suggestion to you people will be to spend some time away from these virtual worlds and indulge into something more real and which actually brings joy in your life”, Barbara R. DiGangi said.
- Eat Healthy To Be Healthy- Good food not only changes your mood but it also helps to lead a healthy life. To indulge some healthy eating habits in your meal at the beginning will make a difference on the health of your body. For example, you can start off by adding proteins and veggies to every meal. Then your desire for unhealthy and junk foods will slowly and eventually go away, and you’ll still feel full and satisfied after a big meal.
- Sleep Enough- Sleep is necessary for your mood, memory formation, recall and brain health. Not getting enough nighttime sleep can cause everything from sleep walking to brain damage in the long run. Sleep is like charging your body for the whole day so recharge it whenever you can.
There you have it. But most importantly celebrate after every small achievement. It not only gives you mental peace but also makes the road easier to finish.