The brain is the most complicated yet the most amazing and important part of the human body. So here are some strange facts about your brain which will make you realize why your gray matter matters so much.
- The brain itself can’t feel the pain. According to the research that has been done till now it has come out that even though the brain has layers of coverings and blood vessels that contain pain receptors, the brain itself has zero. So for example when a person feels a headache it is actually pain coming from the muscles and skin surrounding the brain.
- Your brain generates about 12-15 watts of electricity which is enough to power a low wattage LED bulb.
- There are always pieces of information passing around your brain at a great speed. The slowest ever recorded is approx 260 MPH.
- Brain waves are even more active when you are dreaming. You might think when you sleep your brain shuts off for a while which is not the case rather your brain gets more active during this phase.
- The average adult human brain weighs around three pounds and has a texture like firm jelly.
- The human brain gets smaller as we get older. This usually happens after mid-age.
- Size doesn’t matter for the brain. There is no proof till now that a larger brain is smarter than a smaller brain.
- Every Time you have a new thought or try to recall a memory you create a connection in the brain.
- There are 100 billion neurons in the human brain, which is almost the same as the number of stars in the milky way galaxy.
- Tired? Go and yawn. Research has shown that yawning cools down the brain.
So there you have it. 10 strange and interesting facts about our brain but here is a bonus point for you guys and that is sleep is very important for your brain. Sleep deprivation can raise the temperature of your brain and can affect your sleep in many ways. So have proper sleep to keep your brain and your body healthy.